The HNPW 2023 will be held in a hybrid format from 17 to 28 April 2023 (17-21 April remote, 24-28 April face-to-face at the CICG in Geneva).
The Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week (HNPW) is an annual humanitarian conference, one of the largest events of its kind, that provides a collaborative space for practitioners and experts from a large variety of humanitarian stakeholders including UN agencies, NGOs, the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement, academia, the military, private sector initiatives, and Member States.
The event was first held in 2015 upon a recommendation from Member States and the stakeholders of Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships to hold their annual meetings at the same location and to provide an opportunity for professionals working in the humanitarian sector to exchange experience, discuss new concepts, introduce new tools and ideas, connect, and collaborate in finding solutions to common challenges in crisis preparedness and response.
Since 2017, the strategy for HNPW cross-network collaboration is defined by the "Leading-Edge Program" Strategic Group, which is co-chaired by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), comprising representatives of Networks and Partnerships that attend the HNPW. The LEP Strategic Group has agreed on nine for cross-network collaboration.
In addition to network and partnership meetings, the HNPW 2023 will offer a wide variety of cross-network interactive sessions, briefings, technical meetings, and a virtual , where participants can exchange experience and have the opportunity to network with professionals and experts across many sectors. Most sessions in the HNPW face-to-face week will be accessible remotely. Connection details of upcoming sessions and the outcomes of completed sessions are available in the
THINGS TO KNOW
What is HNPW?
- The HNPW is an annual event where humanitarian networks and partnerships organize meetings to inform about, and further advance related activities, and to collaborate with other networks and partnerships in areas of common concern.
Who can organize sessions and exhibition stands at the HNPW?
- Only humanitarian networks and partnerships that are part of the Leading-Edge Programme (the governing body of the HNPW) can organize sessions or have exhibition stands at the HNPW.
- Individuals or other organizations cannot organize sessions and exhibition stands at the HNPW. Please reach out to your network or partnership focal point to propose sessions or organize them jointly.
- The HNPW Secretariat in OCHA is responsible for the event schedule, allocation of meeting rooms and exhibition stands at the venue (CICG).
Who can participate in the HNPW?
- Invitations to participate in the event will be sent to members and stakeholders of HNPW networks and partnerships. However, most session are open for public access, allowing anyone interested to sign up to attend sessions in the online event programme. Please explore the event program (keyword search) to idnentify your sessions of interest.
- Please note that the HNPW Secretariat does not invite participants directly. Invitations (including nominal invitations to obtain visa) will be exclusively sent by HNPW networks and partnerships to their respective members and stakeholders.
How to register as a participant in sessions?
- You have to login (or sign up) into the event portal (top right corner). Once logged in you can register for sessions of interest in the event program.
- The participant registration for the HNPW 2023 sessions will begin in January 2023